For more information, please contact the BCCK’s Marketing & Communications team at +82 (0)2 6365 2307.
Release Date: Friday, January 26, 2018
Event Date: Friday, January 26, 2018
BCCK Elects 2018 Executive Committee
New ExCO reflects the Chamber’s focus on post-Brexit trade, market access and advocacy for its members
Newly elected members of the BCCK’s 2018 Executive Committee with BCCK CEO Sean Blakeley and HM Ambassador Charles Hay (Mike McClure, Graeme Salt, Daniel Fertig, Manuel Alvarez Diestro, Eddie Nixon, Jeremy Vallance, Matthieu Juery, Rob Peer, John JungKyum Kim, Sean Blakeley, Charles Hay, Steven Anthony Klein, Nick Harris from left to right, top row to bottom
Seoul, Korea – The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK) held an election of new representatives for the organisation’s 2018 Executive Committee (ExCo) during its Annual General Meeting held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Gwanghwamun area on January 26, 2018. Steve Duckworth provided his last opening remarks as the Chairman, followed by words of welcome by HM Ambassador Charles Hay.
The ExCo provides overall guidance for the BCCK’s operations and strategic planning activities, whilst also acting as a brain trust for the organisation. Members of the ExCo populate specialist committees that meet on a monthly basis and help shape the activities of the Chamber, ensure activities are run smoothly, and that BCCK members and their sectors are represented. The election of the Chairman and Vice Chairmans occurs during the first Executive Committee meeting of the new ExCo.
This newly elected ExCo members for 2018 are:
- Daniel Fertig Partner, PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Eddie Nixon Managing Director, Adidas
- Graeme Salt Headmaster, Dulwich College Seoul
- Jeremy Vallance Head of HR, Standard Chartered Bank Korea
- John Jungkyum Kim Partner (Corporate & Finance), Lee & Ko
- JungHyun Baek Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover Korea
- Manuel Alvarez Diestro Country Manager Korea, British Airways
- Mark Meaney General Manager, Conrad Seoul
- Matthieu Juery Chief Executive Officer, British American Tobacco Korea
- Mike McClure Partner and Chief Representative, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Nick Harris President, Esso Petroleum Korea Ltd.
- Rob Peer President, BAE Systems International Ltd Korea
- Steven Anthony Klein Managing Director (Global Banking, Korea), HSBC
The 2018 BCCK ExCo will guide the Chamber as the organisation accelerates its growth to become a more market access and advocacy-focused organisation in the post-Brexit era of 2018.
“We had a good year in 2017, where we experienced growth and increased our services for our members and the greater UK business community in Korea,” said BCCK Chief Executive Officer Sean Blakeley. “Members of the 2018 ExCo will be key to ensuring we move forward as an organisation to meet our strategic goals, including becoming a hub for British businesses to find advice on trade, market access and advocacy issues in the post-Brexit era.”
During the ceremony, the BCCK also presented “Award of Appreciation” to Steve Duckworth, who showed great leadership as the Chairman throughout 2016 and 2017. An “Award of Appreciation” was also given to the HM Ambassador Charles Hay for his outstanding and valuable support to the Chamber from 2015 to 2017.Posted by BCCK Posted on 26 Jan